Share with permission
This site may share your personally identifiable information with third parties only with your explicit permission. This site does not contact you without your explicit permission
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for Scouts on Stamps Society International. Because this web site wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices. This web site has agreed to notify you of:
1. What personally identifiable information of yours or third party personally identification is
collected from you through the web site
2. The organization collecting the information
3. How the information is used
4. With whom the information may be shared
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
6. The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under SOSSI control
7. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection and Use
SOSSI is the sole owner of the information collected on this site or has been given permission by the verified where the information is not owned. We will not sell, share, or rent our information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. SOSSI collects information from our visitors at several different points on our website.
Site visitors are not required to complete a registration form to visit our site or view any published contents. No visitor is required at any time to provide demographic information (such as income level and gender), and unique identifiers (such as social security number).
Policies for Youth (Individuals under 17 Years of Age)
- No registration is required to visit the SOSSI website. Youth have complete access to all information published online at the SOSSI website to the level of their membership status. SOSSI has used the website rating services and recommendations of such child protection websites as icra.org www.virtuocity.com, however these sites have since disappeared.
- Youth are required to provide the email address of a parent or guardian when conducting internet correspondence with SOSSI. This allows the parent or guardian to be aware of and participate in the youth's online experience. Any parent may request to review all correspondence from their child after verification of their identity to the SOSSI Webmaster. Contact the SOSSI Webmaster by email .
- When we do not obtain prior verifiable parental consent, online contact information will be used only to directly respond to the youth's request and will not be used to contact the youth for other purposes.
- We will not distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information collected from a youth under age 13 without prior verifiable parental consent.
- Parents may revoke their consent at any time by contacting the SOSSI Webmaster by email .
- No personal information about youth is posted online at SOSSI by SOSSI web site staff.
SOSSI does not maintain an online order capability to support our
SOSSI Sales. All sales are done by
mail or PayPal. Questions about SOSSI Sales should be referred to
Mr. Robert Gelwicks, SOSSI Sales Service, P. O. Box 393, Downers Grove, Illinois 60515-0393, USA or
Our Web Hosting Company records IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, and track user's movement for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. These statistics are not viewable by the general public.
SOSSI does not share aggregated demographic information with advertisers. We use an outside company to print and ship our SOSSI Journal. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes other than supporting SOSSI Journal subscription services. For advertising questions, contact the SOSSI Editor by . For circulation problems, contact the SOSSI Secretary by .
This web site contains links to other sites. These links are usually indicated with this symbol . Please be aware that SOSSI is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Effective December 31, 2008, SOSSI does not provide an online Chat service, either public or private. There is no Instant Messaging service.
Effective December 31, 2008, SOSSI does not provide a Greeting Card generation service.
Surveys & Contests
SOSSI does not conduct surveys or contests.
SOSSI does not employ a referral service for informing a friend about our site. Members and visitors are encouraged to tell others about SOSSI.
Bulletin Board Systems or Newsgroups
SOSSI does not provide a Newsgroups or Bulletin Board System. Newsgroups perform like a giant, cork bulletin board where users post messages and information. Each posting is like an open letter and is capable of having attachments, such as graphic image files. Anyone accessing the newsgroup can read the postings, take copies of posted items, or post responses.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Capability
SOSSI uses FTP conductivity for sending multiple files, usually of large size, to the SOSSI Journal Editor or SOSSI Webmaster. Access to these services are by authenticated users through the use of a username and password. Anonymous FTP service was discontinued in March 2006.
This website takes every precaution to protect our visitors' information. When users submit sensitive information via email to SOSSI, your information is protected both online and off-line and is not further shared without consent of the visitor. SOSSI Youth Members are not permitted to post information on the Members Page. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to .
Supplementation of Information
SOSSI does not supplement the information we receive from SOSSI members or visitors with information from 3rd party sources.
Site and Service Updates
We also send SOSSI Members site and service announcement updates. We communicate with SOSSI Members to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email .
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a SOSSI Member's personally identifiable information changes, or if a member no longer desires our service, we will correct, update or remove that member's personal data provided to us. This can be done by emailing us .
Notification of Changes
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Parents are encouraged to read Protecting Your Child's Privacy Online at the US Federal Trade Commission website.
|FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION||FOR THE CONSUMER|